Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tried & Testing....

....Things seem to be on the up for Maisie, she is still on the antibiotics, but is almost finished with this course. Hopefully it will be the last course she needs! Although Maisie has developed a rather nasty temper since having the operation, she is getting back to being our funny lil moo moo! Moving around is getting to be really good for her, she loves having time on her front to move around and grab things, she looks at you with such amazement and joyfulness, its really lovely to see her "enjoying" her time in her cast! Tonight was quite funny, Maisie had only been in bed around an hour and a half, she started to cry, which has become a regular occurrence, as I went into the bedroom to check on her, I found her halfway down her cot, with her back arched over the leg support blanket we put under her legs to keep her heels elevated, and her left foot was wedged in between the cot bars, but as soon as she was freed and back to how she should be laid in bed, she was fine....

....Nigh times are quite bad at the moment with Maisie, we have started putting Dentinox Colic Drops into her bottles of milk, to stop her getting trapped wind/indigestion, which so far is working really well for her. She does wake quite a few times through the night, and just around every night ends up with Maisie in the bed with me and poor Alan on the sofa! It does mean less sleep for me as I don't sleep properly with her in the bed, always conscious of her, but it doesn't bother me either! =) I was reading on the Yahoo Hip Dysplasia forum the other day, and I was reading about different ways in which to enable the rather odd nappy wearing to soak more up, as Maisie wee's a lot through the night, even changing her through the night still left her with a damp/wet nappy in the mornings....as I was reading the posts and opinions, I saw that a few people use either a sanitary pad or incontinence pad to line the size 1 nappy with, which helps with the absorption...so tonight while getting ready for bed, I used the only decent pad that I had in the house and put it in the size 1 nappy, then put the size 6 nappy over the top of it all, I do hope that it works, because Maisie's urine really stinks at the minute....off all the antibiotics!...

....Also while changing Maisie's nappy earlier this afternoon, I got her in the right mood to be able to have a really good look at her scar (with gloves on) from what I could see, it looks quite a nasty scar, and still has some form of a lump on it too, but the lump has gone down loads since last week, so I'm happy about that. Some of the stitches came off the other day too, me being me, put them in a small snap-bag with a bit of paper and took a photo....lol!!....

Steph xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment